The following links are listed to provide you with additional information:
If you are a new client, please fill out these three online forms prior to the first full-length session. Please give yourself 20-30 minutes to complete all three forms:
If you would like me to be in communication with another Care Provider to coordinate your support and treatment planning (therapist, doctor, etc), please sign this Authorization to Release Information. You will also need to sign the other practitioner's release form before we are able to consult, so please check with them to do so.
- Somatic Experiencing for Posttraumatic Stress Disorder: A Randomized Controlled Outcome Study by Danny Brom, Yaffa Stokar, Cathy Lawi, Vered Nuriel-Porat, Yuval Ziv, Karen Lerner and Gina Davis. Journal of Traumatic Stress, Vol 30, pp 304-312; June 2017.
- Somatic Experiencing: Using Interoception and Proprioception as Core Elements of Trauma Therapy by Peter Payne, Peter A. Levine, and Mardi Crane-Godreau. Frontiers in Psychology Journal, 2015
- Neuroception: A Subconsious System for Detecting Threats and Safety by Stephen W. Porges. Zero to Three, May, 2004
- Sexual Assault May Trigger Involuntary Paralysis by Francine Russo. Scientific American, August 4, 2017
- Freedom from Pain (Book and CD with exercises—Kindle version does not include exercises), Peter A. Levine, PhD & Maggine Phillips, PhD
- Healing Trauma (Book and CD with exercises), Peter A. Levine, PhD
- Trauma and the Body, Pat Ogden, PhD
- Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma, Peter A. Levine, PhD
- Wired for Love: How Understanding Your Partner's Brain and Attachment Style Can Help You Defuse Conflict and Build a Secure Relationship, Stan Tatkin, PsyD, MFT
Peter A. Levine, PhD (SE Founder)